Thursday, August 30, 2012

MITTaphores: Positive Politicing

A metaphore is a figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in "a sea of troubles" or "All the world's a stage" (Shakespeare).

A MITTaphore n specifically compares a source of means with unmet human needs. The term, informally introduced by friends and family of Tropical Storm Isaac and Hurricane Katrina and Rita victims, edifies the CHEERFUL GIVERS among America’s wealthiest citizens through positive political rhetoric.

So, what happens when the tone in the Twittersphere shifts from negative to positive rhetoric?
  • EXAMPLE 1: I’m so rich, I don’t need a tax break.
  • EXAMPLE 2: I’m so rich, I don’t know how rich I am.
  • EXAMPLE 3: I’m so rich, I can do disaster relief from home.
  • EXAMPLE 4: I’m so rich, Jesus called for consultation on HIS tax status.
You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” 2 Corinthians 9:7







1 comment:

  1. So that this blog provides equal time, if you have any OBAMAphores, please feel free to post them here.

    ReplyDelete